Sunday, February 27, 2022

February 2022

Despite a hectic work schedule, some good gaming and painting for the month. 


Club game ending the Polish 1939 campaign





PAINTING

30 x Sluaghterloo cav: 60 points

Total: 60

YTD: 98


GAMES

1 x Bolt Action at the club

Total: 1

YTD: 2


BUDGET

$60 spent; Die Fighting II rules, pumice gel for bases

YTD: $60


I will need to get some bases and paints...and I may try the Army Painter speed paints...some of my contrast paints are almost empty. 


3 comments:

  1. A good month!
    DF and DF2 were a very clever concept, but somehow never quite came quite came together, I'd say. The biggest challenge with DF2 was scenario design. I think Bob really missed a chance there to put out a few scenarios to help players get started. There a re a few DF posts on my blog. It's well worth oplaying through a game or two, though. maybe you could bridge the gap between the clever concepts and more workable play.

    I have a slew of red, yellow, green, and black dice from playing it in the past! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played one game of the 1st edition a few years ago...I think the bucket of dice by command, the black die permanent effect, and awarding dice for objects will fix most of the issues I saw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that DF2 addressed a number of issues with the original version, and the black die mechanic worked well. I'll be interested in seeing how your game with the rules plays out!

      Delete