Friday, May 29, 2020

May 2020

Despite a crazy work schedule in the COVID response, I have managed to finish another Slaughterloo force. Trolls/Trolkin infantry and artillery to add to the cavalry unit from two months ago.

Time for another battle...let's get FOB3 on the table.

Historicon is a casualty of COVID-19. Disappointed as this is my gaming highpoint of the year. It will help get my spending back in check...but I may splurge and get the remaining 6mm Sci Fi and Albedo 28mm figures I want in July.


Troll forces

Goblins primed

AVBCW battle with Combat Patrol


PAINTING
72 figures: 72 points

GAMES
1 x VBCW with Combat Patrol

BUDGET
$80, ordered the last of the bases I will need for the whole Slaughterloo project
$2970, year to date.

3 comments:

  1. The Trolls are ersatz Swedes?

    I was disappointed that Historicon had to be cancelled, but I can't see how they could have done otherwise. Hopefully it will be possible next year. I am about to start a solo game with FoB3, using the scenario I had planned to use for Historicon 2020, and may yet use for 2021.

    What is Noah up to these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct...the Slaughterloo nations all correspond to a real country from the Napoleonic Wars...in general. Some are very loose. The figures are chunky and very comical. I am going to break them out for a FOB3 battle this month. Looking forward to your play through...great way to get refreshed on the rules.

    Noah is about to graduate HS...will be starting UNC-Chapel Hill on an Army ROTC scholarship in August. Empty nest time for me and the wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete