Sunday, July 30, 2017

July 2017 and Historicon

Noah and I spent a few great days at Historicon playing in some fabulous games. My thanks to Peter and Miles for running these games for everyone's enjoyment; each won an award for their game time slot.  I am looking forward to next year in Lancaster.

I played in 7 games (including 5 with the Junior General). Had so much fun spending some father/son bonding over toys.

I only spent $50, well below my expectations. Paint, brushes and a can of Army Painter dip. I am still in shock from not buying any figures. I then fell off the wagon and bought a bunch of 6mm sci fi figures on the last day of the month.

A few pictures from the convention before my usual painting/gaming/spending diary entry:

DAK and Dragons...GM ran 9 games over the convention; we played in 3.

Fantastic table with the catacombs.

Italian Armor vs Troll

Beautiful layout

Panzer Mk III killing the Red Dragon

Noah leading some cavalry at the Battle of Ravenna

My kind of charge

Feel bad for those horses

2nd game on the same layout

Action shot. 

Pacific Island invasion with LSNC:WW2

Peter Anderson's FOB Battle of Raab

Turned the enemy flank and brought the game to a victory for the French in the end

Kudo's to our CiC, Luke, for pressing the enemy center...twice.

Operation Battleaxe in North Africa using 3mm PicoArmor.

My British 6th RTR were about to have a hard day. The unit bases are color coded to the dice...very nice. 

Germans in the distance on Hill 208.

Junior General giving me "the look" for this picture I sent to the Countessa. 


PAINTING
14 x 12 figure Katzenstein 15mm units: 168 pts
Total: 168 points

14 new regiments for the Kingdom of Katzenstein


GAMES
7 (all at Historicon)

Junior General and a friend playing Field of Battle in my basement


SPENDING
$50 at Historicon, $144 on 6mm sci fi = $194
$1228 for the year. $228 over budget...not good.
plus $1000 total expenses at Historicon with the hotel, gas/tolls, and food.
Budget: <$1000 plus Historicon expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment