Thursday, June 1, 2023

May 2023

With my massive Slaughterloo "black powder fantasy" project complete, I am deciding what to work on next. I am starting a campaign with those figures to get them all on the table at some point in all their glory.

Projects to consider...I want to work on some smaller projects, keep spending down, stay with 28mm, and try to get any project in a playable state quickly. No brand new projects...have to pick from my existing list.


1) 28mm fantasy, 5 Leagues from the Border/Feudal Patrol, RPG-lite and skirmish:  Figures on hand (lots of plastic sets for kit bashing), started building some. Could get playable in a month. This is a redo of a project I sold off two years ago because of lack of direction so I have to make sure I don't repeat that mistake.

2) Albedo Anthropomorphics, 28mm sci fi animals in space. I would need to order the rest of the range...but waiting for the next round of figure releases. I could finish this in six months when I get the figures.

3) 28mm scifi, 5 Parsecs from Home: Small batch painted, several plastic boxed sets on hand. Plan to pick up a few boxes at Historicon, so will wait until after that. 

4) Burrows and Badgers: Almost every figure on hand already, I have playable forces. Could also get these done in six months.







I sold off my MBA buildings and WW2 15mm collection (and terrain). My 28mm VBCW project scratches the same itch and will allow me to consolidate some space. 

I will still have my original 15mm Kingdom of Katzenstein "imagination" armies [no resale value]. I will keep these for nostalgia.

I also have a huge 15mm Fantasy collection (and lots of unpainted figures). Not sure what I will do with these yet...keep for now, but leaning towards selling and rebuilding in 28mm (project #1 above)

Everything else is now 28mm. 


PAINTING

0, but prepared about 100 figures for next month

YTD: 298


GAMES

1 x Carnage and Glory game

YTD:4


BUDGET

$450, splurged on the new Army Painter Speed Paint set and the 7TV kickstarted book.

YTD: $510


SOLD: $ 2500 - MBA buildings and the 15mm WW2 collection.

2 comments:

  1. That is one huge collection of paints, and one big cash infusion from the sales!
    The best decision I ever made was to stick to one scale, in my case 25/28 mm. They do take up a lot of space, but that's what basements are for! :-). I do think I am going to need yet another shelf unit soon, though!
    You should use your Katzenstein figures for an imaginations campaign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I have a huge basement! I am working on the map campaign for my next Slaiughterloo battle now. Disappointed that I will miss Historicon…was all registered but just found out about a work conflict. Was looking forward to trying Battle Command.

      Delete