Monday, January 20, 2020

Of Armies and Hordes (15mm fantasy)

I got the urge to get a 15mm fantasy game on the table over Christmas. I set things up and played it out in January using the Of Armies and Hordes rules. These rules have a very interesting area movement mechanic that I like, but the rules just don't beat out my Field of Battle mash up.

The Hobbits, Gnomes, and Fauns took on Orcs, Goblins, and Hobgoblins.

The evil forces surged ahead but the Fauns got to the ruins in the nick of time. The Hobbit cavalry won the day with one unit of militia ram riders destroying three enemy units.

Next up on the table...my inaugural game with the Slaughterloo fantasy Napoleonic 28mm figures.














2 comments:

  1. I envy you your games table! I infer from the pictures you were not using the grid on this occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct, not using the hexes for this game. The rules use an irregular area movement system. I like that part of the rules...I think it would work great for WWII and modern operational level games.

    ReplyDelete