Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rules

I made a post a few months ago about the rules I use. I am still checking out new systems.

I used Carnage and Glory II computer moderated rules for my last Katzenstein Campaign battle. I liked that they provided the exact #s of casualties and tracked morale.

They will still be a contender, but Field of Battle holds the lead. There is a new FOB2 being published that I will pick up at Fall In.

I am going to try the Die Fighting rules for a game as well. I like the concepts such as use of resource dice.

I have Black Powder and have not played them but I think I will like FOB better. I do like the special rules that can be used to make units more period specific...would like to see that in FOB.

I was listening to the Meeples and Miniatures Podcast and heard more about the Too Fat Lardies rules. I will investigate them further.

----------------
Original post

I have been collecting and reading lots of rules the past few years but I think I am settling into what I want for each period/genre. I originally thought I wanted lots of detail, but in practical application, it just does not seem feasible.




ImagiNation (Horse and Musket): Field of Battle

---Blackpowder and Carnage and Glory II are contenders.



Individual Skirmish: Flying Lead and the rest of the Songs of Blades and Hereos series



Squad/Team Skirmish: Force on Force and Tomorrow's War for Sci Fi



WWII: Flames of War



Ancients: Clash of Empires

---Hail Ceasar and Piquet are options



Space Ships: Starmada



Pirates: TBD (most likely SOBH variant)



Wild West: TBD (most likely SOBH variant)

No comments:

Post a Comment